We’re excited to announce that this year at Indietracks we will be having a new tent, the ‘Workshop Wigwam’.
The tent will host various workshops and events, so as well as watching some tip-top bands over the weekend, you can write a song with The Smittens’ Colin Clary, get crafty with the Craft Guerrillas and The Bunty Collective, find out about making your own clothes with Eithne Farry, and win some serious prizes in the poptastic pop quiz! We are particularly excited about having our favourite jewellers Tatty Devine involved because in addition to running a workshop they have also designed special limited edition Indietracks jewellery for us!
This is what we have planned for the weekend…
– Bunting Making Party – The Bunty Collective
– The Only Way to Write a Song (and at least 10 other ways to do it) – Colin Clary of The Smittens
– Make Your Own Souvenir Jewellery – Tatty Devine
– Hey Ho Lets Sew – Eithne Farry
– How not to run a record label – Sean Fortuna POP!
– Pop quiz – with quizmaster Bob Brown
– DIY fanzines! – Twee as F*ck
– ‘Crafternoon’ – a DIY Craft Event with hosts Craft Guerilla
– Buttons for Eyes – Faye Cooke and Leonna O’Neill
We’ve asked our workshop organisers a few questions so you festival goers can find out a lil bit more about them and we’ll be posting these interviews on the blog over the coming weeks, so keep your eyes peeled! More details about the workshops and the people who are running them will also appear on the website in the next couple of days.